Sunday, November 7, 2010

Engagement Mizi & Alma


Engagement cake for Mizi & Alma.....there is sad story behind this..sob..sob...and the cake didn't turn out like I want it to be....
The day beforethe pick up date, with full of enthusiasm I had decorated the cake with basket theme & it's my 1st time dealing with royal icing(RI) on the cake means the cake has been covered entirely with RI.
I had weaved the cake with RI & really sastified with the result & has put the handle for the basket & embellished it with my homemade flowers....I thinks this is the best weaving I ever done(puji diri sendiri wakaka)...& didn't bother to capture the picture as at that time I was sooo sleepy(dah pukul 3 pagi che kiah oi)....
This morning after suboh prayer my hubby noticed that my cake doest not seem so right...wuarggg hua.. hua.. the weaving patern has collapsed....never mind I tried to be cool & calm...tried to figure out somethings to overcome the problems...
At last I just scrapped the RI & just frosts RI with upright paterns on my cakes(I've seen the paterns in one of my books) & I tied the cake with pink ribbon....I think it turns out ok....
When my cousin came to pick up the cake ,I didn't mentions obout the sad story & was pleased that she liked it very much... Thanks Kak Shidah....

2 comments:

Zarinah said...

Salam ...
Nurul, whatever it is, the cake is so beautiful and sweet .... walaupun tak turnout seperti yang u plan. Congrats!!

ANTM T-Shirt Designs And More said...

The cake looks lovely. I would have never known that anything happened.