Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chiffon Orange Cake....


Orange Chiffon cake.....one of my favourite cake ....whenever I baked chiffon cake it will make me reminiscing my childhood era  ..... I have a very good Chinese neighbour ,Aunty Tan.She was a talented baker....and I was lucky to be her neighbour coz everytime she bakes ,she will make sure that we will have it.This cake is one of the cake she baked....her most famous cakes was Chiffon cake,bluberry triangle cake,chocolate fudge orange cake & Sugee or semolina cake.....

She also taught my mother how to bake all those cakes...but sadly my mother has lost her recipe book which contains all that precious recipes....We didn't see her anymore ....She moved to Penang when I'm in form 3.

Ok ,back to the cake...I share the recipe which I sourced from Alex Goh's basic recipe, I adapted it into any flavour I want. As long as I maintain the ratio of ingredients.

Orange Chiffon Cake
:(A)
115ml fresh orange juice
4 egg yolks
75ml corn oil
100gm sugar
150gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp orange zest

(B)
4 egg whites
90gm sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Method:
1. Combine egg yolks, oil, orange juice and sugar. Mix well.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and put into (1)and combine.
3. Stir in orange zest. Set aside
4. Place egg whites into a clean bowl and beat on low speed until it froths. Add in cream of tartar and continue to beat at high speed until soft peaks
5. Put in sugar at 3 intervals and beat until stiff peaks.
6. Add in 1/4 of egg whites into (3). Fold the egg whites into the batter. Repeat step (6).
7. Pour the whole of batter onto remaining egg whites and fold well.Please don't stir, just fold.
8. Pour (7) into a (22 or 25cm) ungreased clean tube pan. Lightly shake it left and right to level cake
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 170/180C for 40 minutes
10. Invert pan immediately after removing from oven. Leave cake to cool down totally this way.

No comments: